Kloxxado® puts more medicine to work
Kloxxado® contains twice as much medicine per spray as Narcan® (naloxone HCl) Nasal Spray 4 mg.1,2
- 34% of opioid overdoses required 2+ doses of naloxone3
- More potent opioids, like fentanyl, may require multiple doses of naloxone to counteract4
- A patient’s breathing may slow or stop again if opioids outlast the effects of medicines used for opioid overdose
Who should carry Kloxxado®?5
Kloxxado® nasal spray was developed for first responders, as well as family, friends, and caregivers of individuals who might be at risk for an opioid overdose.
Even when opioids are appropriately prescribed, some people’s risk for accidental overdose could be higher if:6
- they’re taking a benzodiazepine (certain anxiety, insomnia or seizure medicines)
- they have a respiratory condition like COPD or sleep apnea
- they’re currently in recovery for or have a history of substance abuse disorder (SUD)
- they’re being treated for mental illness
- the opioids being taken are either chronic or high-dose
If you are prescribed long-term opioids or are at risk of experiencing or witnessing an overdose, ask your doctor about Kloxxado® nasal spray. It’s easy to keep on hand as part of your first aid kit.